If current trends continue, 1 in 10 adults will have diabetes by the year 2040.
Diabetes K’Nection specialises in all types of Diabetes Management and Type 2 Diabetes Prevention.
There are currently an estimated 1.7million Australians living with diabetes.
Every day approximately 280 people in Australia are diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.
60% of Type 2 Diabetes is PREVENTABLE.
Servicing South East Queensland from our office located in Mudgeeraba on the Gold Coast.
- Education and management for Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes and Gestational Diabetes
- Assessment of your risk for Type 2 Diabetes and education on preventing Type 2 Diabetes and reversing Pre-diabetes
- Teaching about blood glucose testing and ongoing management of your levels
- FREE GLUCOMETER (blood glucose testing machine) provided
- Education on commencing insulin and ongoing management including dosage titration
- Improved control of poorly controlled diabetes including lifestyle and medication issues
- Education on preventing and detection complications of Diabetes
- Education on commencing Byetta and ongoing management
- Corporate Diabetes Education and Presentations
- Medicare rebates, Veteran Affairs Gold Card
- Private Health Rebate – If Eligible
Credentialed Diabetes Educator
Grad/C Diabetes Education, Bach Health Sci, Registered Nurse, Grad/D Critical Care, Grad/C A&E
What is a Credentialed Diabetes Educator (CDE)?
- A healthcare practitioner who has achieved advanced qualifications and is therefore qualified to provide a professional level of diabetes education and care.
- Approved to practice in accordance with the National Standards of Practice for Diabetes Educators as directed by the ADEA (Australian Diabetes Educators Association), symbolising quality, expertise, high standards and experience in diabetes education.
- Approval to hold a provider number with Medicare, thereby providing clients with medicare rebates when referred by a GP
- Only Diabetes Educators who have completed the ADEA Credentialing Program are awarded the CDE status
- CDE’S are required to demonstrate ongoing participation in professional development within the speciality of diabetes education.